Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Power of the Experience



Spending time at one of Courage Center's camps is a life changing experience. A number of years back we asked Camp Courage's camper and staff alumni to complete a survey regarding their experiences at Camp. The following quotes help to illustrate the power of the camp experience and cause us to start counting down the days until next summer!

" Camp is the place where I met life long friends,learned some lessons along the way and got to experience the beauty of the outdoors in all seasons as well as see the beauty of the human spirit at its best and brightest."
- John Nedden Durst-

" Simply put the people at Camp Courage allowed me to experience life. They were friends. They saw us for who we are and who we could be. I can honestly say that I would not be who or where I am today had it not been for all of my friends and staff that came out of Courage. Thank you."
- Jamie Head-

" Camp became the very best job I ever had or ever will. I may not return to Camp often, but it is in me daily."
- Cliff Dodge-

" The people I worked with at Camp Courage were the most real and decent people I've ever known. I was so sheltered, quiet and conservative before I started at Camp...I learned to truly live by working at Camp."
- J. Chris Leonard-