Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Power of the Experience- II

Spending time at one of Courage Center's camps is a life changing experience. Some of this summer's staff shared with us a little about their summer. The following quotes help to illustrate the power of the camp experience and cause us to start counting down the days until next summer!

"Before camp began I did not realize how much I would learn and discover about camping, caring and life in general. My favorite aspect of a day at camp is how it is like a tie dye ...you never knew how it was going to turn out, but it certainly would be colorful. ...Camp Courage is a very special place where both campers and staff can grow,floursih and discover their true potential. I am so grateful to have been part of it. This summer will not be forgotten.

"Working with a wide variety of campers and staff has allowed me to appreciate the differences in each person. Each day at Camp gave me so much to be grateful for, I made the most of every day and gained an even stronger appreciation for life."

" Being here taught me so much more about myself and really helped me grow into a better person. I defined my inner leader at Camp and enjoyed every second I spent with the campers. It was a truly amazing and life changing experience."